Use Receipt Invoices when you receive a payment that needs to be applied against specific client production or sundry invoices.
To Enter a New Receipt Invoice:
1. From the "Accounting" menu, select "Receivables" then "Receipts" and "New Receipt" to go to the "Receipt" screen.
2. Use the to select the Master Client where the payment will be applied against.
3. AccountAbility will assign the next sequential receipt number. Note - this is required but is not the check#, but a transaction reference number.
4. Enter the client payment no. (optional)
5. Enter the client payment method, i.e.check, wire. (optional)
6. Enter a payment description. (optional)
7. The office will default to the office assigned to the client. If needed, use the drop down menu to change the selection.
8. Use the to select the Bank Account where the payment will be deposited.
9. The date will default to today's date. Use the drop down calendar menu to change the date if needed.
10. The Accounting Month and Year will default to the current month. To change, click the and select the desired Accounting Month & Year.
11. Click the Receipt Invoices link to be taken to the "Receipt Invoices" screen. All open invoices for the client will display on the screen. Click the box to the left of each invoice you have received payment for. AccountAbililty will automatically assume payment is being made for the entire invoice. If a partial payment is being made, adjust the Amount column to reflect the current amount. By clicking you can verify the payments selected against the payment being made. Once all payments have been properly selected, click to save your selections and return to the "Receipt" screen.
12. To post your entry to Cash and Accounts Receivable, click .