To Create a Free Form Invoice:
1. From the "Accounting" menu, select "Receivables" then "Production Invoices" and "Create Production Invoice" to go to the "Create Production Invoice Wizard (Start Page)" screen.
2. Use the to select the job number.
4. The Invoice Date will default to today's date. If needed, using the drop down calendar menu, select a different date. AccountAbility will change the Accounting Month and Accounting Year to match any different date entered.
5. If needed, using the drop down menu, select a different accounting year for the Invoice to be recorded in.
6. If needed, using the drop down menu, select a different accounting month for the Invoice to be recorded in.
7. If needed, use the to select a new currency to be used.
8. Enter the desired Payment Terms. The payment terms will calculate the Payment Date. If needed, adjust the payment date using the drop down calendar menu.
8. Click to continue to the "Create Production Invoice Wizard (Page 1 - Invoice Free Form)" screen.
9. The screen will display available task codes to be used on the invoice. Enter the number of units you need to include on the invoice for each task. You can also change your sort order and rename your headings and subheadings by using the drop down menus. After you have added your task item billing details, click to accept and proceed to the "Create Production Invoice Wizard (Page 2 - Invoice Free Form)."
10. Adjust your description, charge type, units, billing rate, and markup. If you wish to identify source (employee, supplier, or charge type), use the to select the appropriate code. Enter any additional details or notes by clicking the to enter your information.
11. You can click to have AccountAbility recalculate and verify any amounts that you have changed or to add an additional task line to be billed.
12. When your invoice details are correct, click or and you will be taken to the final screen to confirm that your invoice has been created. By checking the box next to , you can immediately view a copy of the invoice you created on your screen.
13. To convert a draft invoice to a final invoice, search for and select your draft invoice in the Production Invoice Browse screen and click and your final invoice will be created. To post and record the invoice, search and select your final, unapproved invoice in the Production Invoice Browse screen and click .
AccountAbility recommends that you first create a draft invoice for review and approval before creating a final invoice.
Draft invoices will be numbered using the Job Number + "DR" and final invoices will be issued the next sequential number available.
Final invoices are not posted to Accounts Receivable until they are approved.