The Import function can be used to import a WIP Take Up entry from an Excel formatted spreadsheet template.
To Import a WIP Take Up Entry:
1. From the "Accounting" menu, select "General Ledger" then "WIP Take Ups" and "Search WIP Take Ups" to go to the "WIP Take Ups Browse" screen.
2. Click the Import link to open the Import Excel window as shown below:
3. You will need to use a formatted AccountAbility template to import your data. If you do not have that, first, click the Download template link to start the template download. The template will be saved to your downloads folder as "GL+Accounts+Import+template.xlt" or can be accessed by clicking on at the left hand bottom corner of your screen. Enter your data into this template and resave the template with your data.
4. Click to locate and select your data template file.
5. Click to import your WIP Take Up data.
The template columns in RED are required to be completed in the data template. An errors in your data will prevent the import from processing.
After successfully importing an entry, you must still approve the entry in order for it to post to the general ledger.