The Estimate Message function will allow you to create a message and forward a link to to the estimate for client approval and provide copies to staff members directly from the estimate screen.
1. As soon as you have created a new estimate, you can send the estimate to your client for approval, as well as other staff members you choose, by clicking the Message hyperlink at the top of the screen. If you have previously created an estimate, but want to send a copy at a later date, access the Message screen by selecting the "Production" menu, then "Search Estimates" and selecting the corresponding job number for the estimate. Once the estimates for the job have displayed, click on the Job No. field for the correct Estimate Version number to open the Estimate screen. Then click the Message hyperlink at the top of the screen to open a new message screen.
2. A default message will display with a subject of "Estimate for your approval." You can choose to edit this by making revisions in the subject box.
3. A link to the estimate will be provided in the body on the email. You can choose to edit the text of the message, but do not alter the web link to the estimate
4. On the right hand side, you will select who the message will be sent to:
Clicking the first link will list all staff members. Clicking the second link will list all of the job's client contacts. Clicking the third link will list all supplier contacts.
Select the individuals to send the message to by placing a check mark in the box to the left of their name. To select everyone on the list, uncheck and recheck the top left hand box and all of the members of the list will be selected. Click and you will return to the message compose screen. The name of each selected recipient should now appear under each recipient type.
5. When all recipients are selected, click to send the message, to save the message to send later and compose another message, to save the message to send later and return to the job screen, or to return to the job screen without saving the message.
6. To send a saved message later, simply search for the message using the "Search Messages" screen. Make sure the box is checked to display unsent messages.