New Client Budget entry will allow you to setup a new client (and by product if desired) budget for Billing & Revenue for specific Accounting Year, Budget Category, and version.
To create a New Client Budget:
1. From the "Accounting" menu, select "Budgets" then "Client Budgets" and "New Client Budget" to go to the "Client Budget" screen.
2. Use the to select the Client you wish to enter a budget for. If you are budgeting by Product as well, enter the Product associated with that Client.
3. Select the Office using the drop down menu.
4. Select the Accounting Year for the budget using the drop down menu.
5. You can track budgets using different Budget Categories, i.e. Retainers, Projects, Production, Media. If you are using multiple Budget Categories, make sure that you have first setup the categories in the Budget Setup module by selecting the Budget Version link in the Budget Setup screen. You can select your Budget Category using the drop down menu list.
6. You can track budgets using Budget Status types, i.e. Committed, Non-committed. If you are using multiple Budget Status types, make sure that you have first setup the categories in the Budget Setup module by selecting the Budget Category link in the Budget Setup screen. You can select your Budget Category using the drop down menu list.
7. Select the Current Budget Version that you are entering data for. Additional budget versions can be added by selecting the Budget Version link in the Budget Setup screen.
6. The budget amount needs to be entered separately for each month and for both Billing and Revenue. If the budget amount will be the same for multiple months, enter the amount in the Default Amount box, select the box under the Default Amount you with to copy and select the box to the left of the months you wish to copy that amount to. Then click the and the default amount will be copied to all selected boxes.
7. If you make any changes to entry or wish to check your budget amount for the entire year, click to recalculate the total and verify.
8. When you are satisfied with your input, click to save your entries and to go the the Client Budgets screen where you can review your input.
9. To continue adding Client Budgets for additional Clients/Products/Categories, click to return to the Client Budget screen.
You can attach any source documents for future reference by clicking the symbol and attaching a file to the budget entry. After attaching your file, you can add a description of the document. Make sure to click to save your attachments for later reference.