AccountAbility job numbers consist of the 2 or 3 digit client code, followed by a 4 digit number. Job numbers are assigned automatically and will be sequentially, by client code, i.e job# ABC0001 is the first job number for client ABC and job# DEF0001 is the first job number for client DEF.
The Jobs screen allows you to setup a new job and edit details on an existing job.
To Create A New Job:
Only Client, Job Description, Job Type, Date Opened, Supplier Invoice Markup and Service Fee (%) fields are required to setup a new job. All other fields are optional, however your own company may require specific fields to be used depending on their needs.
1. From the "Production" menu, select "Jobs" then "New Job" or a new job can be opened from the using "Search Jobs" and clicking from the Job Browse screen.
2. Enter a Client Code or use for a client lookup list.
3. Enter a Product Code or use for a product lookup list. Or leave blank.
4. Select an office using the drop down menu. Or leave blank.
5. Enter a Campaign Code or use for a campaign lookup list. Or leave blank.
6. Enter a Job Description.
7. Select a Job Type from the drop down menu. Or leave blank.
8. Enter a Client Order No. if used.
9. If the job will be billable to a client, make sure the Billable box is checked:
10. Enter the default markup % to be used for Supplier Invoices. If Supplier Invoices are not marked up, leave at 0.00.
11. Enter Date Opened using the drop down calendar.
12. Enter the default Service Fee % for this job. If Service Fee % is zero, leave at 0.00.
13. Date Closed - leave blank.
14. If there is a Budget amount for the job, enter that amount. Or else leave blank.
15. Click the Active box to make job available for use:
16. Enter a Campaign Code or use for a campaign lookup list. Or leave blank.
17. The Estimate Contact field will be filled in based on the Client Contact settings. To change the contact, you must change the Client Contact setting.
18. The Invoice Contact field will be filled in based on the Client Contact settings. To change the contact, you must change the Client Contact setting.
Once a job is open, AccountAbility lets you navigate directly to job transactions, job estimates, purchase orders, timelines, notes, the job cost report, and invoices directly from this blue menu bar:
In addition, the following functions can be performed by clicking on any of the blue hyperlinks below the blue menu bar:
People & Deadlines
Please see the separate help menu tabs for the items above for further assistance.