Layout allows you to customize how your estimate will display and print. You can choose the level of detail, rearrange headings, sub headings, task details, and revise the task line description to show your estimate anyway that you need to.
1. As soon as you have created a new estimate, you can directly revise the Estimate layout directly by clicking the blue Layout hyperlink at the top of the screen.
If you have previously created an estimate, but need to revise the Estimate layout, access the Estimate Layout screen by selecting the "Production" menu, then "Search Estimates" and selecting the corresponding job number for the estimate. Once the estimates for the job have displayed, click on the Job No. field for the correct Estimate Version number to open the Estimate screen. Then click the Layout hyperlink at the top of the screen to open the Estimate Layout screen.
2. Use the drop down menu to select from one of four estimate layouts:
a. Line Items: The estimate will display with all estimate task line items, arranged under the headings or subheadings that have been assigned.
b. Line items with units & rates: The estimate will display with all estimate task line items, showing both the unit & rate for each task, arranged under the headings or subheadings that have been assigned.
c. Heading totals only: All task line details will be suppressed. Only heading totals will be displayed.
d. No details: All task and heading details will be suppressed. Only the estimate total will display.
3. Click the check box next to to suppress any task lines that have zero amounts.
4. Click the check box next to to display the word "Quote" instead of "Estimate" in the header.
5. Adjust the values in the "Header Sort Order" column to reorder how the Headings will be displayed. Headings with lower numbers will be displayed higher up on the estimate than lower numbers.
6. Use the Drop down menu bar to select a different Heading for any task.
7. Adjust the values in the "Sub Header Sort Order" column to reorder how the Sub Headings will be displayed. Sub Headings with lower numbers will be displayed higher up on the estimate than lower numbers.
8. Use the Drop down menu bar to select a different Sub Heading for any task.
9. Adjust the values in the "Line Sort Order" column to reorder how the task lines will be displayed. Task lines with lower numbers will be displayed higher up on the estimate than lower numbers.
10. Make any changes to the task line descriptions by revising the Line Description. Note: This will only change how the task line displays on the estimate. It will not change the actual task code used to create the estimate.
11. Click to save your changes and remain on the layout screen, to save your changes and return to the Estimate Screen, or to return to the Estimate Screen without saving your changes.
Use the hyperlink commands in the top right hand corner of the layout screen as follows:
1. Export: You are able to export the Estimate into multiple formats (pdf, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, RTF, CSV, and XML) by clicking the Export hyperlink to display the preview report and the export icon in the top left hand corner of the report display screen.
2. Preview: You can preview the Estimate by clicking the Preview hyperlink. A separate window will open to display how the Estimate will look when it is printed or sent.
3. Use the List Headings hyperlink to display all headings that are currently being used on the estimate and New Heading hyperlink to create a new heading that you want to use for the estimate. You can also create new subheadings by clicking the box next to and selecting a Parent Heading using the for a lookup list. Click to save your changes and remain on the estimate heading screen, to save your changes and return to the Layout Screen, or to return to the Layout Screen without saving your changes.
Use the preview screen hyperlink to check your estimate layout after you have made all changes to ensure it looks the way you it to and is ready for printing or sending.